HR Tips to help deal with Performance Management issues:
- Address the situation early – meet with the employee to discuss the issue
- Be honest and open – explain your concerns carefully, maintain a good relationship
- Keep up to date records – make notes every time a concern is raised
- Agree achievable goals – clear targets within a reasonable timeframe
- Ensure the employee has the right resources for the job
- Keep talking – give regular feedback, praise where appropriate to show their contribution is value
- Set an example – be motivated and lead by example
- If related to ill health consider obtaining an occupational health referral and alternative suitable roles
- If the outcome is dismissal ensure the employee is paid in lieu of notice
- Offer the right of appeal
About apple HR:
apple hr support has a network of experienced associates with experience in all types of business. All associates are professionally qualified and have a track record of delivering to a high standard.
Founded by Kate Appleyard who has worked in many different sectors including, retail; manufacturing; distribution; fashion; public sector.
Kate has over twenty years experience in strategic and hands-on HR management roles with brands including ghd; Morrisons; Santander; Stanley, Black and Decker.
Her experience includes roles covering the UK, Republic of Ireland, Europe, Middle east and Australia, South Africa, US, Australia and New Zealand. Working alongside local Managing Directors and senior teams to support and develop in relation to HR issues and policies and procedures, reflecting legal and cultural differences with various regions.
Kate is a member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
To find out more about apple HR and how they can support your growing business please contact Kate 07977 456 624